Put Your Heart in a Book Conference
NJRW is pleased to welcome a number of editors and agents to this year's conference.
Each editor and/or agent will be taking appointments on Saturday, October 15, from 10:15 am to noon. Each appointment is 8-10 minutes; they are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Check back for an updated list!
- Katie Shea Boutillier, Donald Maass Literary Agency
- Jane Dystel, Dystel and Goderich
- Jessica Errara, Jane Rotrosen Agency
- Stephany Evans, Fine Print Literary Agency
- Caitie Flum, Liza Dawson Associates
- Shira Hoffman, McIntosh & Otis
- Veronica Park, Corvisiero Agency
- Kelly Paterson, Corvisiero Agency
- Liza Rodgers, JaBberwocky Agency
- Eric Ruben, The Ruben Agency
- Rebecca Strauss, De Fiore Literary Agency
- Tera Cuskaden, Entangled
- Dina Davis, Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense and Harlequin Love Inspired Historicals
- Deborah Gilbert, Soulmate Publishing
- Treva Harte, Loose Id
- Selena James, Kensington Books
- Susan Litman, Harlequin Special Edition
- Jenn Mishler, Entangled
- Ashley Noelle, Start Media
- Rhonda Penders, The Wild Rose Press
- Elizabeth Poteet, St. Martin's Press
- Tahra Seplowin, Harlequin Desire and HQN Books
- Carly Silver, Harlequin Romantic Suspense
- Jess Verdi, Crimson Romance
- Tessa Woodward, Harper Collins
How to Register for an Agent/Editor Appointment
Once you complete the registration form, you will be prompted to register for your editor/agent appointments.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact our 2016 Agent/Editor Chair, Miriam Allenson, at email@example.com.
Information you should know
- Appointment requests from conference attendees are not guaranteed. Appointments will be assigned in an order of priority according to the order of receipt of requests and other priorities established by the Conference Committee.
- Appointments with editors are reserved for attendees with a completed manuscript to pitch. Priority for agented-only publishers will be given to un-agented writers. Appointments with agents are reserved for attendees with a completed manuscript to pitch.
- Appointments are NOT for socializing or meeting editors or agents; there are other opportunities during the conference to make informal introductions or "put a face to a name."
- Appointments may be in a group or individual format, as designated by the editor/agent or appointment coordinator. Attendees may be limited to one appointment if necessary to accommodate the number of requests and the number of editors and agents taking appointments.
- The Editor and Agent Panels are designated to provide more general information about editors'/agents'/publishers' submission requirements. No specific or individual questions should be asked to those panels about a writer's specific work or submissions.
- Bios and basic submission requirements for editors and agents will be available to conference registrants before appointment requests are opened, so that writers can determine which editors or agents are the "best fit" for their career and writing needs. Please respect the editors' or agents' requests or limitations.
- Note – The presence of a specific editor/publisher or agency at the NJRW Conference is not intended to be an endorsement of or recommendation for that particular industry professional. All writers are urged to carry out due diligence and research before signing with an agent/agency for representation or accepting a publishing contract with any publisher. This due diligence is even more important now during the volatile time in the publishing industry when lines between the roles of authors, agents, editors, and publishers are blurring.